Please make sure you read and fully understand these terms and conditions.
- Deposits and payments, ie the purchase of a flight or voucher received will be considered to be in full acceptance of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- All Passengers must sign a liability waiver before flight with no exceptions.
- People under 18 may fly but only with parental or Legal Guardians consent. There is no maximum age restriction for the flights.
- Passengers must be of reasonable health and fitness.
- Intoxicated or drug affected passengers will not be allowed to fly at the absolute discretion of the Chief Pilot.
- Whilst we are able to accommodate most body sizes and heights we do require knowledge of extreme variations prior to booking.
- As each flight is tailored to suit the individual we are able to offer flights to people affected by various types of disabilities and medical conditions. If this applies to your booking please speak to our staff prior to booking your flight.
- Port Macquarie – Flights are offered daily in Port Macquarie all year round.
- Hunter Valley – Flights are offered in the Hunter Valley (Cessnock Airport) all year round.
- Brisbane – Flights are offered daily in Brisbane (Archerfield Airport) all year round.
- Byron Bay – Flights are offered daily in Byron Bay (Ballina-Byron Airport) all year round.
- Melbourne – Coming soon!
- Lismore – Flights are offered out of Lismore for flight shows only. Check with us for the next available weekend.
DEPOSITS / PAYMENTS
- Jetfighter requires a minimum deposit of $1000.00 on all bookings. This is to allocate resources specifically for you flight.
- Jetfighter requires full payment to be made two weeks prior to your flight.
- Gift Vouchers are not refundable or redeemable for cash, however can be transferred to another family member or friend within the 12 month validity period.
- A refund will not be given for a “no show”.
- All other refund requests are at the discretion of Jetfighter and in any event 25% of the mission price will be deducted on all refunds approved.
- As flight safety is our number one priority flights may be cancelled and re-scheduled due to adverse weather or other factors affecting flight safety. In these cases passengers will be notified ASAP and re-scheduled for an alternative mutually convenient flight date. Re-scheduling in these cases is not subject to any fees and an extra two months will be added to the validity date.
CASA REGULATIONS – CAR 262 AM
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority requires all passengers to acknowledge CAR 262 AM which states: “The design, manufacture and Airworthiness of the Aircraft are not required to meet any standard recognised by CASA and CASA does not require the Aircraft to be operated to the same degree of safety as an Aircraft on a commercial passenger flight, and the passenger flies in the aircraft at his or her own risk”.
All Passengers will be required to sign an indemnity acknowledging that they have read and understand the following before they will be permitted to board an Aircraft:
- CAR 262 AM
- The Passenger acknowledges that they fly in the Aircraft at their own risk.
For many years, aviation authorities banned any civilian operation of ex-military aircraft. After much representation by interested people, they recognized the fact that when properly maintained and flown, Warbirds are very safe, and they then permitted a limited role for these aircraft. Specific people in the aviation industry are permitted to train others in Warbird operations, and under certain circumstances permitted to take paying passengers. The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and Australian Warbirds Association Limited require passengers to understand the following:
(a) the design, manufacture, and airworthiness of the aircraft are not required to meet any standard recognised by CASA; and
(b) CASA does not require the aircraft to be operated to the same degree of safety as an aircraft on a commercial passenger flight; and
(c) the passenger flies in the aircraft at his or her own risk.
By virtue of the fact that these aircraft are extremely valuable, they are maintained and flown to very high standards usually by their owners, and have excellent safety records. Because of the widely different design philosophy of military aircraft, they are not certified to any defined civilian standard, but flown under an exemption to normal standards. For this reason, you will see in the cockpit of a passenger carrying Warbird a notice to this effect. This does not mean they are unsafe, just that civilian aviation certification rules were not written for this type of aircraft, and you, as the passenger, should be aware of this.