North American T-28B ‘Trojan’ (Miss Stress)
This T-28B Trojan is a US Navy high-performance advanced trainer aircraft with full aerobatic capability.(Trojans were also modified for combat roles) Flying in this magnificent warbird is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience so let our experienced pilots take you on an unforgettable flight in complete safety.
You can be fitted with a flight suit and helmet before your mission briefing then together you’ll discuss the flight’s intensity, content, safety and communication procedures and make your way out to the Trojan to strap in. After a final run through and system check, get ready for action! The awesome power of the Trojan’s 1425Hp engine will have you airborne in no time and you’ll climb away to begin your flight around the picturesque countryside of either the Glasshouse Mountains and Bribie Island or the Mary Valley and Noosa beaches. Your flight can vary from gentle turns to aerobatic manoeuvres – it’s all up to you and you’re free to take photos and video along the way to share with family and friends later. This is truly a wonderful experience for any aviation enthusiast and an ideal gift for that special person.
When and where can I fly?
Flights are available most days from 9.00am until dusk except ANZAC Day and Christmas Day.
They depart from Caboolture Airfield just north of Brisbane or from Gympie Airport at Kybong just 30 minutes from Noosa on the Sunshine Coast.
- Military aircraft are built and tested to different standards than that put forward by CASA or any equivalent international civil aviation governing body. As such, in accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Regulations we need to advise that the design, manufacture and airworthiness of the aircraft are not required to meet any standard recognized by CASA; and
- CASA does not require the aircraft to be operated to the same degree of safety as an aircraft used for regular public transport or charter operations; and
- The passenger agrees to participate in this flight at his or her own risk; and
- A detailed briefing will be provided to the passenger before they board the aircraft;
- If the person making the booking for this flight is not the passenger, then the operator of the flight shall provide the passenger with a detailed briefing prior to the passenger boarding the aircraft.
Fitness and Experience
- Medically fit people from 12 to 80 years of age are suitable
- No previous flying experience is necessary
- The maximum weight for a passenger is 150kgs
- There is a height restriction of 195cms
What to Bring/Wear
- Footwear must be closed (no thongs or sandals), soft leather shoes or trainers are ideal
- Light casual clothing
- Camera or video
What is Supplied
- Aircrew flight suit
- Helmet or headset
- Flight Certificate acknowledging your adventure